Find Hotels in Mercedes, TX
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on Feb 1, 2020
Reviewed on Aug 25, 2020
Visitors to Mercedes are sure to enjoy the shopping and restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's festivals, cafés, and live music. Top sights around the area include Santa Ana National Wildlife Refuge and Museum of South Texas History.
- You'll find 102 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of McAllen
- The closest major airport is in Harlingen, TX (HRL-Valley Intl.), 16.2 mi (26.1 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in McAllen, TX (MFE-Miller Intl.), 20.7 mi (33.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Mercedes
The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Rio Grande Valley Premium Outlets is a favorite for retail therapy. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Estero Llano Grande State Park and Palms at Mid Valley.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 5 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Mercedes. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Mercedes - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Quality Inn & Suites - Our customers like the central location and helpful staff at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features 2 restaurants, free breakfast, and an outdoor pool.
- Executive Inn Mercedes - This 2.5-star motel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free parking.
Popular places to visit around the area include Santa Ana National Wildlife Refuge, located 14.9 mi (24 km) from the city center, and Museum of South Texas History, which is 19.2 mi (30.8 km) away.
Dressing for Mercedes
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 83°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 48°F
- From April to June, the average is 95°F during the day and 62°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 97°F during the day and 69°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 89°F as the daytime average and 48°F as the nighttime average
- About 24.88 inches of rain falls on Mercedes each year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 96°F, while December and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 50°F