Families will find kid-friendly activities in Harlingen, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its shopping.
- You'll find 64 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Brownsville
- The closest major airport is in Harlingen, TX (HRL-Valley Intl.), 2.9 mi (4.7 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Brownsville, TX (BRO-Brownsville-South Padre Island Intl.), 25.6 mi (41.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Harlingen
The picturesque setting of Victor Park and Harlingen Soccer Complex exemplify the city's natural beauty. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Iwo Jima Monument and Tony Butler Municipal Golf Course.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 19 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Harlingen. These are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Residence Inn Harlingen - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with an in-room kitchen. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and beach locale.
- Hampton Inn & Suites Harlingen - Our customers like the breakfast and clean, quiet rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Holiday Inn Express Harlingen - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Harlingen
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 82°F during the day and 49°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 94°F, while the average at night is 61°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 96°F with nighttime averages of 69°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 88°F and nighttime averages of 49°F
- Average annual rainfall for Harlingen is 27.48 inches
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 95°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 51°F