Families enjoy visiting Donna though all visitors are sure to find something to appreciate. Tourists can also enjoy the city's restaurants and festivals. Santa Ana National Wildlife Refuge, Museum of South Texas History, and International Museum of Art and Science are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 101 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of McAllen
- The closest major airport is in McAllen, TX (MFE-Miller Intl.), 11.2 mi (18 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Reynosa, Tamaulipas (REX-General Lucio Blanco Intl.), 14.6 mi (23.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Donna
Santa Ana National Wildlife Refuge, Museum of South Texas History, and International Museum of Art and Science are some of the notable places to visit in the surrounding region. Additionally, you'll find McAllen Botanical Gardens in the area.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 5 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Donna. Here you'll find top ones based on our user reviews:
- Comfort Inn & Suites - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Victoria Palms Inn & Suites - Our customers like the overall value and helpful staff at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool.
Dressing for Donna
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 83°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 48°F
- From April to June, the average is 95°F during the day and 62°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 97°F during the day and 69°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 89°F as the daytime average and 48°F as the nighttime average
- About 24.88 inches of rain falls on Donna each year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 96°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 50°F