Travelers give high marks for the beaches in Mombasa, which is also known for its entertainment choices. Tourists can also enjoy the city's safari tours and temples. Top sights in the city include Nyali Beach, Diani Beach, and Bamburi Beach.
- There are 426 hotels and other accommodations in Mombasa
- The closest major airport is in Mombasa (MBA-Moi Intl.), 3.5 mi (5.7 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Vipingo (VPG), 16.9 mi (27.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Mombasa
Attractions like Shree Cutch Satsang Swaminarayan Temple, Mamba Village, and Wild Waters are fun for kids of all ages. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Nyali Beach, Diani Beach, and Bamburi Beach. Exploring the coral reef is a top activity, and Leisure Golf Club is one place to visit.
In Mombasa, you'll be able to select from 426 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect vacation. Below are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Villa Luxury Suites Hotel - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and beach locale.
- The Sands at Chale Island - Our customers like the beach locale and pool at this lodge. With a stay at this 4-star lodge, guests can enjoy access to 3 outdoor pools and a full-service spa, along with free WiFi.
- Serena Beach Resort and Spa - This 4.5-star hotel features a full-service spa, a private beach, and 3 restaurants. Expedia customers like its breakfast and beach locale.
Other top sights in Mombasa include Tiwi Beach.
Dressing for Mombasa
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 90°F during the day and 73°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 89°F, while the average at night is 69°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 84°F with nighttime averages of 68°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 88°F and nighttime averages of 71°F
- Mombasa gets about 1.34 inches of rain per year
- Usually March and February are the hottest months with an average of 90°F, whereas August and July are often coldest, averaging 68°F