Visiting Diani Beach
Visitors to Diani Beach are sure to enjoy the beaches. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its safari tours.
- You'll find 204 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Mombasa
- The closest major airport is in Ukunda (UKA), 5.4 mi (8.6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Mombasa (MBA-Moi Intl.), 23.8 mi (38.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Diani Beach
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Diani Beach, Chale Beach, and Diani - Chale Marine National Park and Reserve. Additionally, you might want to add Tiwi Beach to your agenda.
In Diani Beach, you'll be able to select from 79 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday retreat. These are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Sands at Chale Island - With a stay at this 4-star lodge, guests can enjoy access to 3 outdoor pools and a full-service spa, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its proximity to shopping and comfortable beds.
- Swahili Beach Resort - Our customers like the breakfast and beach locale at this resort. With a stay at this 5-star resort, guests can enjoy access to 7 outdoor pools and a full-service spa, along with free WiFi.
- The Sands at Nomad - This 5-star hotel features a full-service spa, a private beach, and 3 restaurants. Expedia customers like its dining options and breakfast.
Dressing for Diani Beach
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 90°F and the nighttime average to be 73°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 89°F during the day and 69°F at night
- July through September averages 84°F during the day and 68°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 88°F during the day and 71°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Diani Beach is 1.34 inches
- Hottest months are usually February and March with an average temperature of 90°F, while the coldest months are July and August with an average of 68°F