Visitors can enjoy all that Mortara has to offer including its monuments. Top sights around the area include Broletto, Martiri della Liberta Plaza, and Basilica of San Gaudenzio.
- There are 182 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in Milan (MXP-Malpensa Intl.), 26.2 mi (42.1 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Milan (LIN-Linate), 29.6 mi (47.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Mortara
The city is notable for landmarks like Sant'Albino Abbey, La Basilica di San Lorenzo, and Chiesa di Santa Croce. In the area, you'll also find Broletto and Martiri della Liberta Plaza.
As you make plans for a getaway to Mortara, your ideal accommodation may not be centrally located but there are 17 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Below are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- Primavera della bottala is located in the heart of Mortara. This hotel in Mortara features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi.
- Hotel Excelsior is located 0.8 mi (1.3 km) from the heart of Mortara. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Pavia can enjoy access to free breakfast and a bar, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Royal Garden Hotel is 19.8 mi (31.8 km) from central Mortara. This 4-star hotel in Assago features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and proximity to public transit.
One of the top places to see in the surrounding area is Basilica of San Gaudenzio, located 15.1 mi (24.3 km) from the heart of the city.
Getting Around Mortara
To venture out into the surrounding area, hop on a train at Mortara Station. Mortara may not have many public transit options so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Mortara
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 60°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 29°F
- From April to June, the average is 81°F during the day and 42°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 84°F during the day and 53°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 69°F as the daytime average and 31°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Mortara is 37.72 inches
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 81°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 31°F