Visitors can enjoy all that Nanyuki has to offer including the safari tours, golf courses, and parks. A top sight in the city is Mount Kenya National Park.
- There are 99 hotels and other accommodations in Nanyuki
- The closest major airport is in Nanyuki (NYK), 2.4 mi (3.8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Samburu (UAS-Buffalo Spring), 50.9 mi (81.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Nanyuki
The city is notable for landmarks like Thomson Falls, St. Peter's Anglican Church, and Nyahururu Catholic Church. The city's natural beauty is on display at Mount Kenya National Park, Sweetwaters Game Reserve, and Nanyuki Park. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Meru National Polytechnic and Nanyuki Sports Club.
In Nanyuki, you'll find 99 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. Here are places to stay within 5 miles of the city center.
- Abbas House Game Lodge is located 3.6 mi (5.9 km) from the city center. This 2.5-star bed & breakfast in Nanyuki features free breakfast, free parking, and a terrace.
- Sweetwaters Serena Camp is 4.9 mi (7.9 km) from the city's heart. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Nanyuki can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
Dressing for Nanyuki
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 79°F and the nighttime average to be 50°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 76°F during the day and 52°F at night
- July through September averages 75°F during the day and 52°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 75°F during the day and 50°F at night
- Nanyuki gets about 36.54 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually February and March with an average temperature of 78°F, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 50°F