Families will find kid-friendly activities in Oxford, and visitors give high marks for the college vibe. This city also attracts tourists with its bars. Top sights in the area include Newport Aquarium, Fountain Square, and Carew Tower.
- You'll find 240 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Cincinnati
- The closest major airport is in Hamilton, OH (HAO-Butler County Regional), 14.8 mi (23.8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Cincinnati, OH (CVG-Cincinnati - Northern Kentucky Intl.), 30.4 mi (49 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Oxford
The university setting is a highlight of the city and Miami University is worth a campus tour. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Yager Stadium and Black Covered Bridge.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 8 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Oxford. Here are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Hampton Inn Oxford/Miami University Area - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- The Marcum Hotel & Conference Center - Our customers like the helpful staff and comfortable rooms at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
- The Elms Hotel - This 3.5-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its central location and room size.
Dressing for Oxford
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 60°F during the day and 20°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 87°F, while the average at night is 35°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 88°F with nighttime averages of 49°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 74°F and nighttime averages of 22°F
- Average annual rainfall for Oxford is 44.61 inches
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 87°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 23°F