Visitors to Middletown are sure to enjoy the shopping and restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's soccer matches and coffeehouses. Top sights in the area include Dayton Art Institute, Boonshoft Museum of Discovery, and National Museum of the United States Air Force.
- You'll find 142 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Dayton
- The closest major airport is in Hamilton, OH (HAO-Butler County Regional), 11.6 mi (18.7 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Cincinnati, OH (LUK-Cincinnati Municipal - Lunken Field), 27.8 mi (44.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Middletown
Favorite places to visit in the city include Sorg Opera House, Middletown Lyric Theatre, and Smith Park. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Weatherwax Golf Course and Land of Illusion.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 5 hotels and other lodging accommodations to select from in Middletown. Below are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hampton Inn Middletown - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and proximity to shopping.
- Fairfield Inn Middletown Monroe - Our customers like the pool and helpful staff at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Holiday Inn Express Middletown - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and overall value.
A top sight in the surrounding area is Dayton Art Institute, 21.2 mi/34.2 km from the heart of the city.
Dressing for Middletown
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 57°F during the day and 20°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 83°F, while the average at night is 38°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 85°F with nighttime averages of 49°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 71°F and nighttime averages of 22°F
- Middletown gets about 41.69 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 83°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 23°F