Visitors can enjoy all that Palakkad has to offer including the temples, forests, and festivals. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its coffeehouses.
- There are 19 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in Coimbatore (CJB), 30.6 mi (49.2 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Palakkad
Favorite places to visit in the city include Lakshmi Narayanapuram Krishna Temple, Malampuzha Park, and Tipu Sultan Fort. You'll also find Science Park and Karunya University in the area.
As you start planning for your getaway to Palakkad, you might not find the perfect accommodation in the city center, but you can select from 19 lodging options within the bigger area. Below are places to stay in the region:
- Kairali - The Ayurvedic Healing Village is 2.8 mi (4.5 km) from the center of Palakkad. This 3.5-star resort in Palakkad features a full-service spa, 2 restaurants, and free breakfast.
- Le Meridien Coimbatore is 28.3 mi (45.6 km) from central Palakkad. This 5-star hotel in Coimbatore features 4 restaurants, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Our customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Vivanta by Taj Surya is located 26.1 mi (41.9 km) from the heart of Palakkad. This 5-star hotel in Coimbatore features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and proximity to shopping.
Getting Around Palakkad
If you want to journey outside of the area, ride aboard a train from Palakkad Junction Station, Palakkad Town Station, or Palakkad Parli Station. Palakkad might not have very many public transit options to choose from so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Palakkad
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 98°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 65°F
- From April to June, the average is 98°F during the day and 71°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 89°F during the day and 71°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 89°F as the daytime average and 66°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Palakkad is 24.76 inches
- April and March are usually the hottest months averaging 97°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 66°F