Families will find kid-friendly activities in Panaji, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its beaches. Top sights around the area include Anjuna Beach, Church of Our Lady of Immaculate Conception, and Fort Aguada.
- There are 69 hotels and other accommodations in Panaji
- The closest major airport is in Goa (GOI-Dabolim), 8 mi (12.9 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Panaji
The city's cultural venues include Goa State Museum and Goa Science Centre. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and such places to visit as Mandovi River and Miramar Beach. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Church of Our Lady of Immaculate Conception and Fontainhas.
In Panaji, you'll be able to select from 69 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect vacation. Here are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Vivanta Panaji, Goa - This 5-star hotel features a full-service spa, 2 restaurants, and an outdoor pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and comfortable rooms.
- La Maison Fontainhas - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this hotel. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in Altinho can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Goa Marriott Resort & Spa - This 5-star resort features a full-service spa, a casino, and 4 restaurants. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and central location.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include Anjuna Beach, 7.8 mi/12.6 km from the heart of the city, and Fort Aguada, which is 4.1 mi (6.5 km) away.
Dressing for Panaji
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 89°F and the nighttime average to be 66°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 92°F during the day and 74°F at night
- July through September averages 88°F during the day and 74°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 92°F during the day and 68°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Panaji is 102.60 inches
- Hottest months are usually November and October with an average temperature of 92°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 68°F