Travelers to Pernik will find plenty to explore and enjoy. Top sights around the area include Mount Vitosha, Boyana Church, and National Museum of History.
- You'll find 236 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Sofia
- The closest major airport is in Sofia (SOF), 18.3 mi (29.5 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Pernik
Notable places to visit in the larger region include Mount Vitosha, Boyana Church, and National Museum of History. In the area, you'll also find National Palace of Culture and Church of St. George.
As you plan for your vacation to Pernik, you might not find accommodations in the city center, but you can choose from 235 lodging options within the bigger area. Listed here are places to stay in the region:
- Sofia Hotel Balkan, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Sofia is 14.8 mi (23.8 km) from central Pernik. Guests who stay at this 5-star hotel in Sofia can enjoy access to a casino and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and proximity to public transit.
- Grand Hotel Sofia is 14.8 mi (23.8 km) from the center of Pernik. Guests who stay at this 5-star hotel in Sofia can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its convenient parking and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Best Western Premier Sofia Airport Hotel is located 17.9 mi (28.8 km) from the heart of Pernik. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Sofia can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its dining options and comfortable, quiet rooms.
In the surrounding area, top places to visit include Archaelogical Museum, located 14.9 mi (23.9 km) from the heart of the city, and Ivan Vazov National Theatre, which is 14.9 mi (23.9 km) away.
Dressing for Pernik
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 53°F during the day and 25°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 75°F, while the average at night is 38°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 78°F with nighttime averages of 48°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 66°F and nighttime averages of 26°F
- Pernik gets about 24.96 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 77°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 27°F