Travelers to Salo give high marks for the lakeside setting. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its spas. Vittoriale degli Italiani, Grotto of Catullus, and Scaliger Castle are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 87 hotels and other accommodations in Salo
- The closest major airport is in Brescia (VBS-Gabriele D'Annuzio), 15.9 mi (25.6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Verona (VRN-Valerio Catullo), 23.1 mi (37.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Salo
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the lakeside and Parco Alto Garda Bresciano. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Palace of the Magnificent Motherland and Salo Duomo.
In Salo, you'll be able to select from 87 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday getaway. Here are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Aromi Piccolo Hotel - This 3-star hotel features free WiFi, a bar, and parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and central location.
- Borgo il Mezzanino - Our customers like the helpful staff at this farm stay. Amenities at this farm stay include free breakfast and free WiFi.
- Hotel Spiaggia D'oro - This 4-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool. Expedia customers like its dining options and bar.
Popular places to see outside the city include Vittoriale degli Italiani, 2 mi/3.3 km from the city center, and Grotto of Catullus, which is 8.3 mi (13.3 km) away.
Dressing for Salo
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 59°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 28°F
- From April to June, the average is 83°F during the day and 41°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 86°F during the day and 54°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 71°F as the daytime average and 29°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Salo is 1.26 inches
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 84°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 30°F