Visitors can enjoy all that Samarkand has to offer including the monuments, mountain views, and art. Tourists can also enjoy the city's museums, spas, and architecture.
- There are 26 hotels and other accommodations in Samarkand
- The closest major airport is in Samarkand (SKD-Samarkand Intl.), 4.7 mi (7.5 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Samarkand
The city is notable for landmarks like St. John Roman Catholic Church, St. Aleksyi Orthodox Church, and Gur-Emir Mausoleum. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Registan Square and Tillya Kori Madrasah.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 26 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Samarkand. Here you'll find top ones based on our user reviews:
- L'Argamak Hotel - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Guest House Marokand - Our customers like the breakfast and quiet location at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Bibikhanum Hotel - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a rooftop terrace, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and comfortable beds.
Dressing for Samarkand
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 63°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 28°F
- From April to June, the average is 92°F during the day and 44°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 94°F during the day and 49°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 75°F as the daytime average and 30°F as the nighttime average
- About 0.47 inches of rain falls on Samarkand each year
- July and June are usually the hottest months averaging 91°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 30°F