Visiting San Diego
Visitors can enjoy all that San Diego has to offer including its shopping. Top sights around the area include Parque Nacional, National Museum of Costa Rica, and Jade Museum.
- You'll find 34 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Cartago
- The closest major airport is in San Jose (SYQ-Tobias Bolanos Intl.), 10.2 mi (16.5 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in San Jose (SJO-Juan Santamaria Intl.), 15.5 mi (24.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in San Diego
The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Terramall is a favorite for retail therapy. In the area, you'll also find Parque Nacional and National Museum of Costa Rica.
As you start planning your visit to San Diego, the best accommodation may not be centrally located but there are 206 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Listed here are places to stay in the area:
- Hotel Luisiana is 12.9 mi (20.8 km) from central San Diego. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in Santa Ana can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and central location.
- Studio Hotel is 13 mi (20.9 km) from the center of San Diego. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Santa Ana can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and free breakfast, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and convenient parking.
- Barceló San José is located 7.8 mi (12.5 km) from the heart of San Diego. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in San Jose can enjoy access to 3 restaurants and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its overall value and clean, comfortable rooms.
In the surrounding area, popular places to see include Jade Museum, located 5.4 mi (8.8 km) from the city center, and National Center of Art and Culture, which is 5.5 mi (8.9 km) away.
Dressing for San Diego
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 83°F during the day and 61°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 84°F, while the average at night is 64°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 81°F with nighttime averages of 63°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 80°F and nighttime averages of 62°F
- About 72.76 inches of rain falls on San Diego each year
- Usually April and May are the hottest months with an average of 83°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 62°F