History buffs will enjoy exploring Savannah, and visitors give high marks for the riverfront, local tours, and fascinating museums. This city also attracts tourists with its cathedral, art, and monuments.
- There are 893 hotels and other accommodations in Savannah
- The closest major airport is in Savannah, GA (SAV-Savannah - Hilton Head Intl.), 8.1 mi (13.1 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Hilton Head Island, SC (HHH), 25.2 mi (40.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Savannah
The city is well known for its museums and art, and cultural venues include Roots Up Gallery, The Beach Institute, and Great Savannah Races Museum. Notable for its historic sites, cathedral, and monuments, the city's landmarks include Flannery O'Connor Childhood Home, Girl Scout First Headquarters, and Andrew Low House. Shopping is one of the favorite things to do, so consider an excursion to Rousakis Riverfront Plaza, City Market, and River Street.
In Savannah, you'll find 893 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday retreat. Here are top ones based on our user reviews:
- The Stephen Williams House - Guests who stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast in Historic Downtown Savannah can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- McMillan Inn Bed and Breakfast - Our customers like the pool and clean, comfortable rooms at this B&B. Guests who stay at this 4-star bed & breakfast in Historic Downtown Savannah can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with an in-room fireplace.
- Surf Song Bed & Breakfast - This 3.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its beach locale and pool.
Getting Around Savannah
To venture out into the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Savannah Amtrak Station or Savannah Station. Savannah might not have many public transportation choices so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Savannah
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 74°F during the day and 38°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 92°F, while the average at night is 51°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 93°F with nighttime averages of 63°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 82°F and nighttime averages of 39°F
- Average annual rainfall for Savannah is 47.99 inches
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 91°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 40°F