Find Hotels in South Berwick, ME
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on Jan 16, 2021
Visiting South Berwick
Visitors can enjoy all that South Berwick has to offer including the restaurants, shopping, and parks. A top sight in the area is Fort Constitution Historical Site.
- There are 426 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in Portsmouth, NH (PSM-Portsmouth Intl.), 11.3 mi (18.3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Sanford, ME (SFM-Sanford Seacoast Regional), 11.4 mi (18.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in South Berwick
Notable city landmarks like Sarah Orne Jewett House and Hamilton House might be worth a visit. Additionally, you might want to add Vaughan Woods State Park to your agenda.
As you plan your vacation to South Berwick, your ideal accommodation may not be in the heart of the city but there are 216 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Here are places to stay in the region:
- Riverhouse is located 3.4 mi (5.5 km) from the heart of South Berwick. This 3.5-star guesthouse in South Berwick features free WiFi, free parking, and a computer station.
- Motel 6 Portsmouth is 10.5 mi (16.9 km) from the center of South Berwick. This 2-star motel in Portsmouth features an outdoor pool, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its beach locale and overall condition.
- Ogunquit River Inn is 7.9 mi (12.7 km) from central South Berwick. This 2.5-star hotel in Ogunquit features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and pool.
One of the top places to see in the surrounding area is Fort Constitution Historical Site, located 11.8 mi (18.9 km) from the center of the city.
Dressing for South Berwick
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 51°F and the nighttime average to be 12°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 81°F during the day and 29°F at night
- July through September averages 83°F during the day and 44°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 67°F during the day and 15°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for South Berwick is 51.73 inches
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 81°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 15°F
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place for a stay in South Berwick?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in South Berwick, will I receive a refund?
Where can I learn more about changing or cancelling my trip to South Berwick?
Where is the best place to stay with easy access to Vaughan Woods State Park?
What about the best place to stay close to Sarah Orne Jewett House?
What's the best hotel in South Berwick to absorb the local history?
Recent reviews of South Berwick hotels
More trip options
- South Berwick Hotels by Star Rating
- Hotels near South Berwick Airports
- Hotels near Popular South Berwick Attractions
- More Accommodation Types in South Berwick
- More Hotel Options in South Berwick
- More Popular Hotels in Maine
- Other Hotels near South Berwick, Maine
- Hotels in Popular Destinations
- Hotel Deals
- Expedia's Latest Trends