Visiting Steamboat Springs
Nature enthusiasts will enjoy exploring Steamboat Springs, and visitors give high marks for the ski areas, world-class hot springs, and riverfront. This city also attracts tourists with its seafood restaurants. A top sight in the city is Steamboat Ski Resort.
- There are 1947 hotels and other accommodations in Steamboat Springs
- The closest major airport is in Steamboat Springs, CO (SBS), 2.7 mi (4.4 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Steamboat Springs, CO (HDN-Yampa Valley), 20.4 mi (32.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Steamboat Springs
Cultural venues in the city include Steamboat Art Museum, The Chief Theater, and Tread of Pioneers Museum. Attractions like Steamboat Springs Alpine Slide, Old Town Hot Springs, and Yampa River Botanic Park are fun for kids of all ages. The hot springs, mountain views, and riverfront highlight the city's natural beauty, and Fish Creek Falls, Mount Werner, and Strawberry Hot Springs are worth a visit.
In Steamboat Springs, there are 1947 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect holiday retreat. Below are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- The Ranch At Steamboat by Mountain Resorts - With a stay at this 3-star condo, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with an in-room kitchen. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and overall condition.
- Chalet Val d'Isere - Our customers love the breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms at this vacation home. With a stay at this 3.5-star vacation home, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Aspen View Lodge - With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and comfortable rooms.
Other top sights in Steamboat Springs include Steamboat Ski Resort.
Dressing for Steamboat Springs
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 48°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 3°F
- From April to June, the average is 79°F during the day and 22°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 82°F during the day and 30°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 65°F as the daytime average and 3°F as the nighttime average
- Steamboat Springs gets about 24.65 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 80°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 5°F