Visitors to Stillwater are sure to enjoy the university setting, sporting events, and shopping. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its gardens.
- There are 20 hotels and other accommodations in Stillwater
- The closest major airport is in Stillwater, OK (SWO-Stillwater Regional), 2.8 mi (4.5 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Enid, OK (WDG-Enid Woodring Municipal), 42.6 mi (68.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Stillwater
While football and basketball fans may already be searching for tickets to a sporting event, everyone can enjoy a game or event at Boone Pickens Stadium or Gallagher-Iba Arena. The university setting is a highlight of the city and Oklahoma State University is worth a campus tour. Additionally, you might want to add Karsten Creek Golf Club to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 20 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Stillwater. Here you'll find top ones based on our user reviews:
- Home2 Suites by Hilton Stillwater - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with an in-room kitchenette. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Hampton Inn & Suites - Stillwater - Our customers like the overall value and helpful staff at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Residence Inn by Marriott Stillwater - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with an in-room kitchen. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and comfortable, quiet rooms.
Dressing for Stillwater
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 68°F during the day and 25°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 91°F, while the average at night is 42°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 95°F with nighttime averages of 54°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 79°F and nighttime averages of 26°F
- About 36.26 inches of rain falls on Stillwater each year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 93°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 27°F