Visitors can enjoy all that Guthrie has to offer including the festivals, live music, and architecture. Tourists can also enjoy the city's museums, theaters, and temples. Top sights in the area include Chesapeake Energy Arena, Myriad Botanical Gardens, and Oklahoma City National Memorial and Museum.
- You'll find 334 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Oklahoma City
- The closest major airport is in Oklahoma City, OK (PWA-Wiley Post), 26 mi (41.9 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Stillwater, OK (SWO-Stillwater Regional), 27.9 mi (44.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Guthrie
A couple of favorite places to visit are Scottish Rite Temple and Lazy E Arena. Additionally, you'll find Armstrong Auditorium and Oak Tree Golf Club in the area.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 11 hotels and other lodging accommodations to choose from in Guthrie. These are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Guthrie - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its quiet location and helpful staff.
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Guthrie - Our customers like the helpful staff and clean, quiet rooms at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi.
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Guthrie - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and proximity to shopping.
One of the top places to see outside the city is National Cowboy and Western Heritage Museum, located 22.8 mi (36.7 km) from the heart of the city.
Dressing for Guthrie
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 67°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 24°F
- From April to June, the average is 91°F during the day and 41°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 95°F during the day and 54°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 78°F as the daytime average and 25°F as the nighttime average
- About 38.39 inches of rain falls on Guthrie each year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 93°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 26°F