Visitors can enjoy all that Tarifa has to offer including the cafés, churches, and monuments. In Tarifa, there are 233 hotels and other accommodations to choose from. The closest major airport is in Gibraltar (GIB), 17.2 mi (27.7 km) from the city center. The next closest is in Tangier (TNG-Ibn Batouta), 26.4 mi (42.5 km) away.
Sightseeing and Staying in Tarifa
The city is notable for landmarks like St. Matthew's Church, Estatua Guzmán el Bueno, and Estatua de Sancho IV. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Castle de Guzman El Bueno and Punta Tarifa.
In Tarifa, you'll be able to select from 233 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- La Residencia Tarifa - This 3.5-star apartment features an outdoor pool, free WiFi, and a sauna. Expedia travelers love its pool and helpful staff.
- Hotel THe Tarifa Lances - Our customers like the breakfast and overall value at this hotel. With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Meson de Sancho - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
A popular place to see in the surrounding area is Cape Trafalgar, 26.6 mi/42.9 km from the heart of the city.
Dressing for Tarifa
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 67°F during the day and 52°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 80°F, while the average at night is 55°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 83°F with nighttime averages of 65°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 75°F and nighttime averages of 53°F
- About 0.75 inches of rain falls on Tarifa each year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 82°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 53°F