Visiting Wekiva Springs
Visitors can enjoy all that Wekiva Springs has to offer including the lakeside setting, golf courses, and forests. This city also attracts tourists with its scenic landscape. Top sights around the area include Universal Studios Florida™, Central Florida Zoo & Botanical Gardens, and Universal’s Islands of Adventure™.
- There are 3 hotels and other accommodations in Wekiva Springs
- The closest major airport is in Orlando, FL (SFB-Orlando Sanford Intl.), 12.2 mi (19.6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Orlando, FL (MCO-Orlando Intl.), 19.9 mi (32 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Wekiva Springs
Universal Studios Florida™, Central Florida Zoo & Botanical Gardens, and Universal’s Islands of Adventure™ are some of the notable places to visit in the surrounding region. In the area, you'll also find Merrill Park and Sanlando Park.
As you make plans for a getaway to Wekiva Springs, your ideal accommodation may not be in the city center but there are 96 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Below are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- New! Cozy 4BR Home W/screened-in Porch & Gas Grill is 1.3 mi (2 km) from the center of Wekiva Springs. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star resort in Orlando can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and overall value.
- 4BR House Near Shopping & 15 Miles From Orlando is located 1.1 mi (1.8 km) from the heart of Wekiva Springs. Guests who stay at this 3-star resort in Orlando can enjoy access to 2 outdoor pools and 2 restaurants, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its family-friendly amenities and overall value.
- Lake House Luxury Home With Pool Overlooking the Lake is 2.2 mi (3.5 km) from central Wekiva Springs. This 3.5-star resort in Orlando features a winery, 2 outdoor pools, and 2 restaurants. Our customers like its bar and overall value.
Dressing for Wekiva Springs
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 80°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 49°F
- From April to June, the average is 91°F during the day and 59°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 92°F during the day and 72°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 87°F as the daytime average and 50°F as the nighttime average
- About 53.19 inches of rain falls on Wekiva Springs each year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 92°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 52°F