Visiting Amalfi Coast
Travelers to Amalfi Coast give high marks for the beaches, local tours, and cathedral. This scenic city also attracts tourists with its cafés and restaurants. Top sights in the city include Amalfi Cathedral, Amalfi Beach, and Villa Rufolo.
- There are 1120 hotels and other accommodations in Amalfi Coast
- The closest major airport is in Salerno (QSR-Costa d'Amalfi), 16.8 mi (27 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Naples (NAP-Naples Intl.), 23.7 mi (38.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Amalfi Coast
Cultural venues in the city include Ravello Cathedral, Paper Mill Museum, and Oscar Niemeyer Auditorium. The city is notable for its cathedral and landmarks like Amalfi Cathedral, Villa Rufolo, and Villa Romana. The beaches and hiking trails highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Amalfi Beach, Emerald Grotto, and Maiori Beach.
In Amalfi Coast, you'll find 1120 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect vacation. These are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- La Barbera - Amenities at this bed & breakfast include free breakfast and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its proximity to public transit and clean, quiet rooms.
- Il San Pietro di Positano - Our customers like the pool and helpful staff at this hotel. Guests who stay at this 5-star hotel in Laurito can enjoy access to a private beach and 2 restaurants, along with free WiFi.
- Monastero Santa Rosa Hotel & Spa - With a stay at this 5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and free breakfast, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and pool.
Other top sights in Amalfi Coast include Church of Santa Maria Assunta. Top places to see in the area include Pompeii Archaeological Park, 10 mi/16.1 km from the city center, and Piazza Tasso, which is 11.5 mi (18.5 km) away.
Getting Around Amalfi Coast
To venture out into the surrounding area, ride aboard one of the trains from Vietri sul Mare Station. Amalfi Coast might not have many public transit options so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Amalfi Coast
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 63°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 42°F
- From April to June, the average is 83°F during the day and 48°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 86°F during the day and 59°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 76°F as the daytime average and 43°F as the nighttime average
- Amalfi Coast gets about 34.57 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 84°F, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 43°F