Visitors can enjoy all that Ansonia has to offer including its shopping. Top sights around the area include Yale Bowl and East Rock Park.
- You'll find 122 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of New Haven
- The closest major airport is in Oxford, CT (OXC-Waterbury - Oxford), 9.9 mi (16 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in New Haven, CT (HVN-Tweed - New Haven Regional), 10.6 mi (17.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Ansonia
Notable places to visit in the surrounding region include Yale Bowl and East Rock Park. You'll also find Osborndale State Park and Indian Well State Park in the area.
As you plan your vacation to Ansonia, the perfect accommodation may not be centrally located but there are 58 hotels and lodging options locally. Here are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- Hyatt Place Milford / New Haven is 8.1 mi (13.1 km) from central Ansonia. This 3-star hotel in Milford features a restaurant, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and clean, comfortable rooms.
- La Quinta Inn & Suites New Haven is located 8.5 mi (13.7 km) from the heart of Ansonia. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in New Haven can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and bar.
- Motel 6 Milford is 9.2 mi (14.8 km) from the center of Ansonia. This 2.5-star hotel in Milford features an outdoor pool, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its beach locale and pool.
Dressing for Ansonia
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 52°F and the nighttime average to be 13°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 80°F during the day and 30°F at night
- July through September averages 82°F during the day and 44°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 66°F during the day and 19°F at night
- Ansonia gets about 1.69 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 79°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 17°F