I hope no one is ever tricked into booking this place again. The pictures on expedia are completely inaccurate. Any positive reviews are no doubt written by the owner. It was so terrible, that we left shortly after arriving with our three kids, not knowing where we would stay that night or if we'd receive a refund. Here are a few of the problems (also see photos):
1. It was filthy (funny because it also charges a "cleaning fee" on top of its rate)
2. Front and back doors and multiple furniture items are broken. Very difficult to open the doors.
3. Large mirror leaning against the wall, in front of a window, fell on my 5 year old's head when a gust of wind blew it over. This should've been secured to the wall, or in the very least, not leaning against the open window.
4. The windows don't close. There is no screen and no glass, just slats across the window opening.
5. Exposed/unsafe electrical throughout the apartment
6. Broken balcony rail (compare to advertised picture of balcony). Open drop to the rocky shore, unsafe for small children.
7. Only 2 full sized beds; we had 5 people on the reservation.
8. Large puddle of water on the floor of the bedroom, unknown origin
9. Not a desirable location. We felt unsafe, considering the open windows and broken doors.
I hope expedia asks for a building inspection on this place. The owner refused to refund my money but expedia gave me a credit. I realize this is a benefit of using expedia, vs. dealing with the owner directly.
Cons: Many building repairs needed
Location: A poorer neighborhood; We had some difficulty finding a nearby place to eat. There is a pretty beach but we found a lot of broken glass in the sand.