Visitors give high marks for the shopping in Arequipa, which is also known for its temples and cathedral. This city also attracts tourists with its volcano viewpoints and local tours. A top sight in the city is Arequipa Plaza de Armas.
- There are 312 hotels and other accommodations in Arequipa
- The closest major airport is in Arequipa (AQP-Rodriguez Ballon Intl.), 4.2 mi (6.8 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Arequipa
The city's cultural venues include Claustros de La Compañía and Mario Vargas Llosa Palace. The city is notable for its temples and landmarks like Arequipa Plaza de Armas, Arequipa Cathedral, and Santa Catalina Monastery. The city's volcanoes and mountain views provide a picturesque setting and places to visit include Yanahuara Plaza.
In Arequipa, you'll be able to select from 312 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect vacation. Below are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Hotel Boutique Villa Elisa - Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in Historical Center can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and overall value.
- Katari Hotel At Plaza de Armas - Our customers like the dining options and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. This 3.5-star hotel in Historical Center features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi.
- AZUL COLONIAL - Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Yanahuara can enjoy access to a bar and a café, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and helpful staff.
Dressing for Arequipa
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 72°F and the nighttime average to be 48°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 72°F during the day and 43°F at night
- July through September averages 73°F during the day and 43°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 73°F during the day and 46°F at night
- Arequipa gets about 19.22 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually October and September with an average temperature of 73°F, while the coldest months are July and June with an average of 43°F