Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Benalmadena, and visitors give high marks for the beaches, top-notch restaurants, and shopping. This city also attracts tourists with its sporting events. Around the area, top sights include Malaga Cathedral, Malaga Amphitheatre, and Alcazaba.
- There are 392 hotels and other accommodations in Benalmadena
- The closest major airport is in Malaga (AGP), 7.2 mi (11.5 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Benalmadena
Families come for attractions such as Tivoli World, Benalmadena Cable Car, and Selwo Marina. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Viborilla Beach, Playa de Benalnatura, and Las Yucas Beach. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Puerto Marina Shopping is a favorite for retail therapy.
In Benalmadena, you'll find 392 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday getaway. Below are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Vincci Selección Aleysa Hotel Boutique & Spa - This 5-star hotel features a full-service spa, free breakfast, and a restaurant. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its beach locale and comfortable beds.
- Hotel Casa Rosa - Our customers like the proximity to the airport and comfortable rooms at this hotel. This 1-star hotel features free WiFi, a rooftop terrace, and laundry facilities.
- La Fonda Hotel - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and free breakfast, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers love its beach locale and pool.
Top places to visit in the area include Malaga Cathedral, located 12.1 mi (19.5 km) from the heart of the city, and Malaga Amphitheatre, which is 12.3 mi (19.8 km) away.
Dressing for Benalmadena
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 69°F during the day and 46°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 84°F, while the average at night is 51°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 87°F with nighttime averages of 63°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 78°F and nighttime averages of 48°F
- Benalmadena gets about 0.79 inches of rain per year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 86°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 47°F