Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Mijas, and visitors give high marks for the beaches, shopping, and top-notch restaurants. This quaint city also attracts tourists with its sporting events and mountain views. Around the area, top sights include Malaga Cathedral, Malaga Amphitheatre, and Alcazaba.
- There are 511 hotels and other accommodations in Mijas
- The closest major airport is in Malaga (AGP), 9.8 mi (15.8 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Mijas
The beaches and mountain views exemplify the city's natural beauty and places to visit include La Luna-Royale Beach and La Luna Beach. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Museo Historico-Etnologico and CAC Mijas.
In Mijas, there are 511 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect vacation. These are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Macdonald La Ermita Resort - This 3-star apartment features 2 outdoor pools, a restaurant, and an indoor pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its pool and helpful staff.
- La Cala Resort - Our customers like the beach locale and pool at this hotel. With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a golf course, along with free WiFi.
- Hostel El Escudo de Mijas - Amenities in this 1-star hostal accommodation include free WiFi and a plasma TV. Expedia customers like its overall value and helpful staff.
Top places to see around the area include Malaga Cathedral, located 14.8 mi (23.9 km) from the heart of the city, and Malaga Amphitheatre, which is 15 mi/24.1 km away.
Dressing for Mijas
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 67°F during the day and 33°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 91°F, while the average at night is 41°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 95°F with nighttime averages of 52°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 79°F and nighttime averages of 34°F
- Mijas gets about 0.63 inches of rain per year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 93°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 35°F