Travelers to Boise give high marks for the fun sporting events, college vibe, and live music scene. This city also attracts tourists with its riverfront, festivals, and theaters. Top sights in the city include Idaho State Capitol Building, Taco Bell Arena, and Albertsons Stadium.
- There are 270 hotels and other accommodations in Boise
- The closest major airport is in Boise, ID (BOI), 3.3 mi (5.3 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Boise
Known for its live music, festivals, and theaters, the city's cultural venues include Egyptian Theatre, Knitting Factory, and Discovery Center of Idaho. Attractions like Expo Idaho, World Center for Birds of Prey, and Dart Warz are fun for kids of all ages. The city is notable for landmarks like Aquarium of Boise, Boise Mormon Temple, and Idaho Anne Frank Human Rights Memorial.
In Boise, there are 270 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Perfect Moments B&B and Event Venue - This 3-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast.
- Inn at 500 Capitol - Our customers like the dining options and comfortable, quiet rooms at this hotel. This 3.5-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi, and a fitness center.
- Boise Guest House - Guests who stay at this 2.5-star guesthouse in North End can enjoy access to free parking and concierge services, along with an in-room kitchen. Expedia customers like its WiFi and comfortable beds.
Other favorite sights in Boise include Idaho State Capitol Building, Taco Bell Arena, and Albertsons Stadium.
Dressing for Boise
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 58°F and the nighttime average to be 23°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 87°F during the day and 37°F at night
- July through September averages 93°F during the day and 46°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 72°F during the day and 23°F at night
- About 11.06 inches of rain falls on Boise each year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 89°F, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of 25°F