Families will find kid-friendly activities in Cascais, and visitors give high marks for the beaches, pristine golf courses, and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its cafés and casinos. Top sights in the city include Cascais Beach, Estoril Casino, and Guincho Beach.
- You'll find 3365 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Lisbon District
- The closest major airport is in Cascais (CAT), 4.1 mi (6.6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Lisbon (LIS-Humberto Delgado), 16.5 mi (26.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Cascais
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Cascais Beach, Guincho Beach, and Rainha Beach. Golfing, biking, and exploring the waterfront are top activities, while sights to visit include Boca do Inferno and Estoril Golf Club. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Estoril Casino and Church of the Assumption.
In Cascais, there are 277 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect vacation. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- InterContinental Estoril - This 5-star hotel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and an indoor pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and beach locale.
- Hotel Cascais Miragem - Our customers like the dining options and beach locale at this hotel. With a stay at this 5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 2 restaurants, along with free WiFi.
- The Charm of Cascais - With a stay at this 5-star guesthouse, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and pool.
Popular places to visit around the area include Castle of Sao Jorge, located 15.5 mi (25 km) from the heart of the city, and Pena Palace, which is 6.5 mi (10.4 km) away.
Dressing for Cascais
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 62°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 46°F
- From April to June, the average is 77°F during the day and 50°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 79°F during the day and 60°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 72°F as the daytime average and 46°F as the nighttime average
- About 0.98 inches of rain falls on Cascais each year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 78°F, while December and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 46°F