Visiting Columbia Falls
Nature enthusiasts will enjoy exploring Columbia Falls, and visitors give high marks for the stunning glacier views. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its golf courses.
- You'll find 458 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Whitefish
- The closest major airport is in Kalispell, MT (FCA-Glacier Park Intl.), 5.6 mi (9 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Columbia Falls
The city's glaciers, parks, and hiking trails provide a picturesque setting, and places to visit include Flathead National Forest. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Glacier Lanes and Casino and Big Sky Waterpark.
In Columbia Falls, you'll be able to select from 62 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect holiday retreat. These are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Moss Mountain Inn - With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and quiet location.
- Meadow Lake View Bed and Breakfast - Our customers like the location and clean, comfortable rooms at this B&B. This 3.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Bad Rock Bed and Breakfast Inn - This 2.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers love its quiet location and high-quality beds.
Dressing for Columbia Falls
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 51°F during the day and 15°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 76°F, while the average at night is 29°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 84°F with nighttime averages of 33°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 63°F and nighttime averages of 14°F
- Average annual rainfall for Columbia Falls is 17.01 inches
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 80°F, whereas December and January are often coldest, averaging 17°F