Columbia Motels for the Frugal Traveler
You'll find 18 affordable motels in Columbia among the more than 116 hotels and other accommodations. These less expensive accommodations can help you save some cash when compared with traditional hotels, which have more amenities but ones you may never use.
When you save on your room price, you can enjoy all that Columbia has to offer. Top sights to visit include Columbia Mall.
Fun fact: In the U.S., motels became more commonplace after World War II with the popularity of car travel and road trips, peaking in the mid-1960s with more than 60,000 properties. When you stay at a motel, you'll often have access to your room directly from the parking lot.
Below are a few of Expedia customers' recommended Columbia motels to choose from:
Super 8 by Wyndham Boonville
- If driving, you'll be within 23 minutes of Columbia Mall.
- Enjoy access to the 24-hour front desk, and freebies including breakfast, WiFi, and parking.
Super 8 by Wyndham Columbia Clark Lane
- A 24-hour front desk along with freebies like breakfast, WiFi, and parking are available during your stay.
- It's located within a 10-minute drive of University of Missouri and Columbia Mall.
Motel 6 Columbia - East
- Enjoy access to the indoor pool, and freebies including WiFi and parking.
- Stay within a 10-minute drive of University of Missouri and Columbia Mall.
- Laundry facilities along with freebies like breakfast, WiFi, and parking are available during your stay.
Travelodge by Wyndham Jefferson City
- Enjoy access to the 24-hour fitness center, and freebies including WiFi and parking.
What to Do in Columbia
Visitors like Columbia for the festivals, live music, and theater scene. While you're sightseeing in the area, be sure to check out the college campus.
These are some of the parks and outdoorsy places:
- Shelter Gardens
- Rock Bridge Memorial State Park
- Eagle Bluffs Conservation Area
These are some attractions the whole family can enjoy:
- Warm Springs Ranch
- Hillside Mini Golf
Some historical places you might want to see include:
- Missouri State Penitentiary Museum
- Main Street Baptist Church
- Runge Nature Center
Columbia is also known for its:
Best Time to Visit Columbia
Decide when you'd like to visit Columbia by looking over the seasonal weather details below:
- The hottest months are typically July and August, while January and December are the coldest months
- January-March: Daytime temperatures average 61° F and nighttime temperatures average 21° F
- April-June: 86° F is the daytime average and 39° F is the nighttime average
- July-September: Daytime averages are around 88° F and nighttime averages are around 50° F
- October-December: The average temperatures are 72° F during the day and 21° F at night
- Average rainfall is 42.64 inches in a year
How to Get to Columbia and Around the Area
|Columbia, MO (COU-Columbia Regional) ||Airport ||10.9 mi (17.5 km) |
|Versailles, MO (VRS-Roy Otten Memorial Airfield) ||Airport ||46.6 mi (74.9 km) |
|Jefferson City Station ||Train Station ||27.1 mi (43.7 km) |