Travelers to Columbia give high marks for the college vibe and fun sporting events. This city also attracts tourists with its festivals, live music, and theaters. A top sight in the city is Columbia Mall.
- There are 113 hotels and other accommodations in Columbia
- The closest major airport is in Columbia, MO (COU-Columbia Regional), 10.9 mi (17.5 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Versailles, MO (VRS-Roy Otten Memorial Airfield), 46.6 mi (74.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Columbia
Known for its festivals, live music, and theaters, the city's cultural venues include Missouri State Penitentiary Museum, National Churchill Museum, and American Saddle Horse Museum. The city is notable for landmarks like Main Street Baptist Church, Runge Nature Center, and Audrain County Historical Society. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the hiking trails and these places to visit: Finger Lakes State Park, Mark Twain National Forest, and Shelter Gardens.
In Columbia, you'll find 113 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday retreat. These are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Drury Plaza Hotel Columbia East - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Kingdom City - Our customers like the breakfast and quiet location at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Best Western Plus Capital Inn - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and breakfast.
Other top sights in Columbia include Columbia Mall.
Getting Around Columbia
To venture out into the surrounding area, ride aboard one of the trains from Jefferson City Station. Columbia might not have many public transit options so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Columbia
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 61°F and the nighttime average to be 21°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 86°F during the day and 39°F at night
- July through September averages 88°F during the day and 50°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 72°F during the day and 21°F at night
- Columbia gets about 42.62 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 87°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 23°F