Visiting Crescent City
Nature enthusiasts will enjoy exploring Crescent City, and visitors give high marks for the beaches and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its forests. Top sights in the city include Redwood National and State Parks and Jedediah Smith Redwoods State Park.
- You'll find 325 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Eureka
- The closest major airport is in Crescent City, CA (CEC-Jack McNamara Field), 11.9 mi (19.1 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Crescent City
The beaches, forests, and hiking trails highlight the city's natural beauty, and Redwood National and State Parks, Jedediah Smith Redwoods State Park, and Castle Rock are worth a visit. Exploring the waterfront is one of the top activities, while Crescent City Harbor, Boy Scout Tree Trail, and Del Norte Golf Course are favorite sights to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Ocean World and Florence Keller Regional Park.
In Crescent City, you'll find 80 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect vacation. Below are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Lighthouse Inn - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its beach locale and pool.
- Oceanview Inn - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and overall value at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Anchor Beach Inn - With a stay at this 2-star motel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and comfortable, quiet rooms.
A top sight outside the city is Trees of Mystery, located 13.7 mi (22.1 km) from the city center.
Dressing for Crescent City
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 56°F and the nighttime average to be 39°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 64°F during the day and 41°F at night
- July through September averages 66°F during the day and 47°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 64°F during the day and 39°F at night
- Crescent City gets about 71.24 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 65°F, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of 39°F