Visitors to Cumberland are sure to enjoy the casinos, mountain views, and riverfront. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its churches. Top sights in the city include Rocky Gap State Park, Deep Creek Lake State Park, and Deep Creek Lake.
- There are 1398 hotels and other accommodations in Cumberland
- The closest major airport is in Martinsburg, WV (MRB-Eastern West Virginia Regional), 44 mi (70.8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Hagerstown, MD (HGR-Hagerstown Regional), 55.2 mi (88.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Cumberland
Cultural venues in the city include C&O Canal National Historic Park Visitor's Center, Allegany Museum, and Gilchrist Gallery. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Downtown Cumberland Historic District, Noah's Ark, and Western Maryland Railroad Station. The hiking trails, mountain views, and riverfront highlight the city's natural beauty, and Rocky Gap State Park, Deep Creek Lake State Park, and Deep Creek Lake are worth a visit.
In Cumberland, you'll find 1398 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday retreat. Here are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Hampton Inn Cumberland - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and pool.
- The Garrett Inn - Our customers like the overall value and clean, comfortable rooms at this motel. Amenities at this 2.5-star motel include free parking and free WiFi.
- Sleep Inn & Suites Cumberland-LaVale - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and clean, comfortable rooms.
Other top sights in Cumberland include Wisp Resort.
Getting Around Cumberland
If you want to venture outside of the area, ride aboard one of the trains from Cumberland Station. Cumberland might not have many public transit options so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Cumberland
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 62°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 22°F
- From April to June, the average is 88°F during the day and 37°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 89°F during the day and 49°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 74°F as the daytime average and 24°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Cumberland is 37.36 inches
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 88°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 24°F