Nina and crew provide excellent service and their service elevates this to a four star property in my mind. We had a few items of concern and each one was addressed very promptly:
1. I noticed late the first night that one of the bedrooms was missing a smoke detector so I ran out to buy one. As soon as I mentioned this to Nina, she promptly refunded a portion of my stay to cover the cost of the smoke detector.
2. The tv screen had a black bar on one side. Again, as soon as I mentioned this, they had someone out the very next morning to measure it for replacement.
3. Someone was parked in our spot in the garage and they went door to door to find the person and have them move the car.
The service here is wonderful!
The location is wonderful! You can literally walk to the beach in just a couple minutes. For example, my 6 year old and I walked from the beach, back to the condo so she could use the bathroom, and back in the 10 minutes before sunset one evening. There also a couple restaurants within walking distance and the entirety of downtown Del Mar is within walking distance.
There are many details here that add to this rental - soaps / shampoos in the bathrooms, like at a hotel, games in the kid's room, baby equipment in the kid's room (I forget what specifically since our's our past that age, but I think there was a highchair and a bed rail), sand toys for the kids, beach chairs, beach umbrella, grill, etc.
There are a couple of items that I didn't enjoy that I believe are worth mentioning. Perhaps these are a matter of opinion more than anything ...
1. The slipcovers on the furniture in the family room feel a bit sloppy as they don't fit well. This is in contrast to the kitchen that appears nice and updated.
2. You can't really see anything outside. This is by design as the glass on the front of the unit is frosted to keep peering eyes out, and the wall around the porch is high to keep eyes / people out. I get those reasons, but it feels like you're a bit hemmed in while in the unit. But who really needs to be in the unit - it's San Diego - go outside!
3. The showerhead in the master bathroom is broken. I forgot to mention this while we were there, but I'm going to email them and I'm sure it'll be addressed promptly. We showered downstairs (much better shower - it was also VERY hard to get the correct water temp in the MB shower) all week instead.
If we ever return to San Diego, we'd likely rent this unit again.