Visiting Del Mar
Travelers to Del Mar give high marks for the beaches, top-notch restaurants, and shopping. This city also attracts tourists with its festivals and cafés. Top sights around the area include La Jolla Cove, Legoland California, and SeaWorld.
- There are 62 hotels and other accommodations in Del Mar
- The closest major airport is in Carlsbad, CA (CLD-McClellan-Palomar), 11.6 mi (18.7 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in San Diego, CA (MYF-Montgomery Field), 12.4 mi (20 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Del Mar
The city is well known for its festivals and cultural venues like Del Mar Fairgrounds. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Del Mar Beach, Torrey Pines State Beach, and Torrey Pines State Reserve. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Del Mar Plaza is a favorite for retail therapy.
In Del Mar, there are 62 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect vacation. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Best Western Premier Hotel Del Mar - This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its quiet location and clean, comfortable rooms.
- L'Auberge Del Mar - Destination Hotels & Resorts - Our customers like the proximity to shopping and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 2 restaurants, along with free WiFi.
- Les Artistes Inn - Amenities at this 2.5-star hotel include free parking and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and comfortable beds.
Popular places to visit around the area include La Jolla Cove, located 7.4 mi (11.9 km) from the city center, and Legoland California, which is 12 mi/19.2 km away.
Dressing for Del Mar
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 66°F during the day and 48°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 72°F, while the average at night is 54°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 75°F with nighttime averages of 62°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 74°F and nighttime averages of 47°F
- About 0.35 inches of rain falls on Del Mar each year
- Usually August and September are the hottest months with an average of 75°F, whereas December and January are often coldest, averaging 49°F