Visiting East Haddam
Visitors can enjoy all that East Haddam has to offer including the waterfalls, golf courses, and local tours. There are 216 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in New London, CT (GON-Groton - New London), 20.1 mi (32.4 km) from the city center. The next closest is in Hartford, CT (HFD-Hartford - Brainard), 23.4 mi (37.6 km) away.
Sightseeing and Staying in East Haddam
Favorite places to visit in the city include East Haddam Historical Society and Museum, Devils Hopyard State Park, and Major General Joseph Spencer Memorial. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Rathbun Free Memorial Library and Nathan Hale Schoolhouse.
As you start planning for your getaway to East Haddam, you might not find the perfect accommodation in the heart of city, but you can choose from 216 lodging options within the bigger area. Below are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- Mohegan Sun is 15.4 mi (24.7 km) from the center of East Haddam. This 4.5-star resort in Montville features a full-service spa, a golf course, and a casino. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and dining options.
- The Fox Tower at Foxwoods is located 22.5 mi (36.2 km) from the heart of East Haddam. This 4-star resort in Mashantucket features a full-service spa, a golf course, and a casino. Our customers like its overall condition and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Hyatt Place Mohegan Sun is 15.1 mi (24.4 km) from central East Haddam. This 3-star hotel in Montville features a restaurant, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Our customers like its overall value and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for East Haddam
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 54°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 20°F
- From April to June, the average is 84°F during the day and 35°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 85°F during the day and 49°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 68°F as the daytime average and 22°F as the nighttime average
- East Haddam gets about 51.10 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 83°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 22°F