Visitors to Essex are sure to enjoy the bars. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its waterfront.
- You'll find 36 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Old Saybrook
- The closest major airport is in New London, CT (GON-Groton - New London), 18.4 mi (29.6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Fishers Island, NY (FID-Elizabeth Field), 20.4 mi (32.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Essex
Favorite places to visit in the city include Essex Steam Train, Essex Library, and Pratt House. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Essex Island Marina and Connecticut River Museum.
Here's a top place to stay based on our user reviews:
- The Griswold Inn - With a stay at this 3-star inn, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
Dressing for Essex
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 54°F and the nighttime average to be 20°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 84°F during the day and 35°F at night
- July through September averages 85°F during the day and 49°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 68°F during the day and 22°F at night
- About 51.10 inches of rain falls on Essex each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 83°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 22°F