Visiting Eau Claire
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Eau Claire, and visitors give high marks for the shopping and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its university setting, breweries, and entertainment choices.
- There are 73 hotels and other accommodations in Eau Claire
- The closest major airport is in Eau Claire, WI (EAU-Chippewa Valley Regional), 3.6 mi (5.8 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Eau Claire
Well-known for its live music scene, the city's cultural venues include Children's Museum, Eau Claire Regional Arts Center, and State Theater. The city is notable for landmarks like Schlegelmilch-McDaniel House, Waldemer Ager House, and Cook-Rutledge Mansion. The city's natural beauty is on display at Carson Park, Florian Gardens, and Lake Wissota State Park.
In Eau Claire, there are 73 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. These are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Otter Creek Inn Fireplace and Jacuzzi Suites - This 4-star inn features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free valet parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and helpful staff.
- Candlewood Suites Eau Claire I-94 - Our customers like the helpful staff and room size at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free WiFi, free parking, and a 24-hour fitness center.
- Hampton Inn & Suites Chippewa Falls - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Eau Claire
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 49°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 5°F
- From April to June, the average is 82°F during the day and 28°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 83°F during the day and 42°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 65°F as the daytime average and 7°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Eau Claire is 31.02 inches
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 81°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 8°F