Travelers give high marks for the cathedral in Ely, which is also known for its bars. Tourists can also enjoy the city's museums, temples, and local tours. Top sights around the area include Ely Cathedral, Church of St Mary the Great, and Sedgwick Museum of Earth Sciences.
- There are 26 hotels and other accommodations in Ely
- The closest major airport is in Cambridge (CBG), 13.1 mi (21.1 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in London (STN-Stansted), 34.8 mi (56 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Ely
The city's cultural venues include Babylon Gallery and Ely Museum. The city is notable for its cathedral and landmarks like Ely Cathedral and Oliver Cromwell's House. Additionally, in the area you'll find Church of St Mary the Great and Sedgwick Museum of Earth Sciences.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 26 hotels and other lodging accommodations to choose from in Ely. Below are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- The Gate House - With a stay at this 4-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and location.
- Hotel Barge Waternimf - Our customers like the breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms at this B&B. Amenities at this 3-star bed & breakfast include free breakfast and free WiFi.
- The Old Hall - This 4-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its room size.
Getting Around Ely
If you want to journey outside of the city, hop aboard a train from Ely Station, Ely Littleport Station, or Shippea Hill Station. Ely may not have many public transit options so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Ely
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 52°F during the day and 34°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 71°F, while the average at night is 38°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 72°F with nighttime averages of 47°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 61°F and nighttime averages of 34°F
- Ely gets about 0.83 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and June are the hottest months with an average of 70°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 34°F