Frankenmuth Motels for the Frugal Traveler
In the larger Saginaw area, you can select from 24 affordable motels among more than 93 lodging choices. These less expensive accommodations can help you save some cash compared to traditional hotels, which offer more amenities but ones that you may not use.
When you save on your room price, you can make the most of what Frankenmuth has to offer. Not-to-be-missed sights include Birch Run Premium Outlets and The Dow Event Center in the area.
Fun fact: Motels became more prevalent in the U.S. at the end of the 1940s with the popularity of car travel and road trips, peaking in the 1960s with over 60,000 properties. With a stay at a motel, you'll often have access to your room from an outside corridor overlooking the parking lot.
Below are some of Expedia customers' favorite motels to choose from in the larger area:
- If driving, you'll be within 13 minutes of Birch Run Premium Outlets.
- Enjoy access to the 24-hour front desk, and freebies including breakfast, WiFi, and parking.
Best Western of Birch Run/Frankenmuth
- Free breakfast and a restaurant are available during your stay, along with room amenities like WiFi.
- Central Frankenmuth is 5.9 mi (9.5 km) away
Comfort Inn Bay City - Riverfront
- Enjoy the in-room free WiFi, and freebies including breakfast, parking, and an airport shuttle.
- Located 19.7 mi (31.8 km) from the heart of Frankenmuth
Knights Inn Bridgeport
- Central Frankenmuth is 6.7 mi (10.9 km) away
- A fitness center along with freebies like breakfast, WiFi, and parking are available during your stay.
- 18.2 mi (29.3 km) from the heart of Frankenmuth
- Enjoy access to the laundry facilities, and freebies including breakfast, WiFi, and parking.
What to Do in Frankenmuth
While you're exploring this walkable, family-friendly area, take time to enjoy the top-notch restaurants. People visiting Frankenmuth like its shops and breweries.
Must-see places in and around Frankenmuth include:
- Birch Run Premium Outlets
- The Dow Event Center
Enjoy nature with a stop at:
- Grandpa Tiny's Farm
- Lake Huron
You'll find these family-friendly sights in the area:
- Bronner's Christmas Wonderland
- Wilderness Trails Zoo
- Crossroads Village and Huckleberry Railroad
Frankenmuth is also notable for its:
- Water skiing
- Historical sites
Best Time to Visit Frankenmuth
Decide when you'd like to visit Frankenmuth by reviewing these seasonal weather details:
- The hottest months are typically July and June, while January and February are the coldest months
- January-March: Daytime temperatures average 50° F and nighttime temperatures average 13° F
- April-June: 82° F is the daytime average and 29° F is the nighttime average
- July-September: Daytime averages are around 83° F and nighttime averages are around 45° F
- October-December: The average temperatures are 67° F during the day and 17° F at night
- Average rainfall is 33.31 inches in a year
How to Get to Frankenmuth and Around the Area
|Saginaw, MI (MBS-MBS Intl.) ||Airport ||22.5 mi (36.2 km) |
|Flint, MI (FNT-Bishop Intl.) ||Airport ||24.7 mi (39.8 km) |