Budget-minded travelers will find good deals in Gorham, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. Welcoming and quaint, this city attracts tourists with its mountain views and ski areas. Top sights around the area include Wildcat Mountain Ski Area and Mount Washington State Park.
- There are 10 hotels and other accommodations in Gorham
- The closest major airport is in Whitefield, NH (HIE-Mount Washington Regional), 21.2 mi (34.2 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Fryeburg, ME (FRY-Eastern Slopes Regional), 29.6 mi (47.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Gorham
The hiking trails and mountain views exemplify the city's natural beauty and places to visit include Moose Brook State Park and Mt. Washington Auto Road. Skiing is a top activity, and Great Glen Trails Outdoor Center is one place to visit. Additionally, you might want to add Gorham Historical Society and Railroad Museum to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 10 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Gorham. These are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Top Notch Inn - This 2-star motel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its convenient parking and comfortable rooms.
- Mt Madison Inn & Suites - Our customers like the helpful staff and room size at this motel. With a stay at this 2-star motel, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Moose Brook Motel - This 2.5-star motel features an outdoor pool, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its overall value and pool.
Top places to see outside the city include Wildcat Mountain Ski Area, located 11 mi (17.7 km) from the city center, and Mount Washington State Park, which is 12.6 mi/20.2 km away.
Dressing for Gorham
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 44°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 4°F
- From April to June, the average is 77°F during the day and 24°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 79°F during the day and 40°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 63°F as the daytime average and 7°F as the nighttime average
- About 41.57 inches of rain falls on Gorham each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 77°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 6°F