Visiting Bretton Woods
Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Bretton Woods, and visitors give high marks for the magnificent mountain views. Scenic and relaxing, this city also attracts tourists with its ski areas. Around the area, top sights include Mount Washington State Park, Wildcat Mountain Ski Area, and Cannon Mountain Ski Area.
- There are 19 hotels and other accommodations in Bretton Woods
- The closest major airport is in Whitefield, NH (HIE-Mount Washington Regional), 9.2 mi (14.7 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Fryeburg, ME (FRY-Eastern Slopes Regional), 30.7 mi (49.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Bretton Woods
Skiing, ziplining, and hiking are top activities, while sights to visit include Bretton Woods Ski Area. Additionally, in the area you'll find Mount Washington State Park and Wildcat Mountain Ski Area.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 19 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Bretton Woods. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Omni Bretton Arms Inn at Mount Washington - This 3.5-star resort features 3 indoor pools, a full-service spa, and a golf course. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its pool and walkable location.
- Omni Mount Washington Resort - Our customers like the pool and proximity to shopping at this resort. With a stay at this 4-star resort, guests can enjoy access to 2 indoor pools and a full-service spa, along with free WiFi.
- Townhomes at Bretton Woods - With a stay at this 3.5-star condo resort, guests can enjoy access to 3 indoor pools and a full-service spa, along with an in-room kitchen. Expedia customers love its dining options.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Cannon Mountain Ski Area, 14.3 mi/23 km from the city center, and Franconia Notch State Park, which is 16.1 mi/26 km away.
Dressing for Bretton Woods
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 45°F and the nighttime average to be 1°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 78°F during the day and 24°F at night
- July through September averages 78°F during the day and 36°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 62°F during the day and 5°F at night
- About 38.90 inches of rain falls on Bretton Woods each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 77°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 4°F