Visitors give high marks for the local tours in Granada, which is also known for its volcano viewpoints and lakeside setting. This culturally-rich city also attracts tourists with its cathedral.
- You'll find 276 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Managua
- The closest major airport is in Managua (MGA-Augusto C. Sandino Intl.), 20.9 mi (33.6 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Granada
Cultural venues in the city include Mi Museo Granada Collection, Mansion de Chocolate Museum, and La Polvora Fort and Museum. The city is notable for its cathedral and landmarks like Granada Cathedral, San Francisco Convent and Cultural Center, and Church of Nuestra Senora de las Mercedes. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Parque Central and Convento San Francisco Plaza.
In Granada, there are 89 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday getaway. Below are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Los Patios Hotel - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and free breakfast, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Hotel Jardin de Granada - Our customers like the quiet location and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Jicaro Island Lodge - With a stay at this 4-star lodge, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its helpful staff.
Dressing for Granada
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 93°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 68°F
- From April to June, the average is 94°F during the day and 72°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 89°F during the day and 72°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 88°F as the daytime average and 68°F as the nighttime average
- Granada gets about 46.18 inches of rain per year
- April and May are usually the hottest months averaging 93°F, while December and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 69°F