History buffs enjoy visiting Gubbio though all visitors are sure to find something to appreciate. Tourists can also enjoy the city's monuments, churches, and parks. Top sights in the city include Piazza Grande and Cathedral of Gubbio.
- There are 109 hotels and other accommodations in Gubbio
- The closest major airport is in Perugia (PEG-Sant Egidio), 18.2 mi (29.3 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Gubbio
The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Piazza Grande, Cathedral of Gubbio, and Church of San Francesco. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Museo Civico e Pinacoteca Comunale and Palazzo dei Consoli.
In Gubbio, you'll find 109 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect holiday retreat. Below are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Castello Di Petroia Relais - Amenities at this guesthouse include free breakfast and a restaurant. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and convenient parking.
- Park Hotel ai Cappuccini - This 4-star hotel features a full-service spa, free breakfast, and a restaurant.
- Nikis Resort - Amenities at this property include 2 outdoor pools and free WiFi.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Arco Etrusco, 19 mi/30.5 km from the city center, and Cathedral of S. Lorenzo, which is 19.1 mi/30.8 km away.
Dressing for Gubbio
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 55°F and the nighttime average to be 35°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 80°F during the day and 43°F at night
- July through September averages 83°F during the day and 54°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 67°F during the day and 36°F at night
- Gubbio gets about 1.34 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 81°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 36°F