History buffs enjoy visiting Haines though all visitors are sure to find something to appreciate. Tourists can also enjoy the city's glaciers and waterfront.
- There are 24 hotels and other accommodations in Haines
- The closest major airport is in Haines, AK (HNS), 1.8 mi (2.9 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Skagway, AK (SGY), 18 mi (29 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Haines
Cultural venues in the city include American Bald Eagle Foundation Museum, Hammer Museum, and Sheldon Museum and Cultural Center. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Fort William H. Seward and Alaska Indian Arts. The city's natural beauty is on display at Chilkat Bald Eagle Reserve, Davidson Glacier, and Mount Ripinski.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 24 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Haines. Here are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Aspen Suites Hotel Haines - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a fitness center, along with an in-room kitchenette. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its central location and helpful staff.
- Hotel Halsingland - Our customers like the breakfast and overall value at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi.
Dressing for Haines
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 43°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 17°F
- From April to June, the average is 63°F during the day and 30°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 65°F during the day and 42°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 52°F as the daytime average and 20°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Haines is 48.51 inches
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 63°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 20°F