Find Cheap Hostels in Half Moon Bay
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Featured Hostels in Half Moon Bay
You could be seeing lower prices
Other property types in Half Moon Bay
Half Moon Bay Lodge
Reviewed on Dec 28, 2020
The Ritz-Carlton, Half Moon Bay
Reviewed on Oct 16, 2020
Oceano Hotel and Spa
Reviewed on Dec 20, 2020
Hostels and More in Half Moon Bay
Half Moon Bay offers 19 lodging choices, so if you have a hard time finding a hostel in town, you can still pick something that meets your needs. With the budget-friendly options here, you can cut down your spending on overnight stays and save more for everything you want to do during your trip. We've heard good things about this destination's natural setting, including its beaches and sea views.
Wondering where other travelers have booked rooms in Half Moon Bay? These are some popular choices that might have more budget-friendly prices:
Half Moon Bay Lodge - Guests can enjoy free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking at this hotel.
Best Western Plus Cameron's Inn - Guests can enjoy free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking at this motel.
Coastside Inn - You can take advantage of free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking at this hotel.
Zaballa House - You can take advantage of free WiFi, free parking, and a meeting room at this motel.
Oceano Hotel and Spa - Property features at this hotel include free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
When Is the Best Time to Visit Half Moon Bay?
Good weather's always better when you're experiencing new places, so here's some information about the seasons:
- The hottest months are typically September and August, while January and February are the coldest months
- January-March: Daytime temperatures average 60° F and nighttime temperatures average 41° F
- April-June: 65° F is the daytime average and 42° F is the nighttime average
- July-September: Daytime averages are around 67° F and nighttime averages are around 48° F
- October-December: The average temperatures are 66° F during the day and 42° F at night
- Average rainfall is 28.15 inches in a year
What Can I Do in Half Moon Bay?
Depending on how you want to spend your time, you might enjoy these places to visit:Top Sights
- Computer History Museum
- Twin Peaks
- JV Fitzgerald Marine Reserve
- Huddart Park
- Paddock Park
- Peninsula Museum of Art
- Burlingame Museum of PEZ Memorabilia
- Museum of San Carlos History
In general, Half Moon Bay is known for its:
- Bird watching
How to Get to Half Moon Bay and Around the Area
You'll find the nearest airport in San Carlos, CA (SQL), 10.4 mi (16.8 km) from the city center. Another option is San Francisco, CA (SFO-San Francisco Intl.), situated 10.8 mi (17.3 km) away.