Travelers to Hampton give high marks for the beaches and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its live music, entertainment choices, and shopping. A top sight in the area is Fort Constitution Historical Site.
- You'll find 108 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Portsmouth
- The closest major airport is in Portsmouth, NH (PSM-Portsmouth Intl.), 10 mi (16.1 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Lawrence, MA (LWM-Lawrence Municipal), 21.2 mi (34.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Hampton
The city is well known for its live music scene and cultural venues like Tuck Museum and Seacoast Fire Museum. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and such places to visit as Hampton Beach and Hampton Beach State Park. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are James House and Casino Cascade Water Slide.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 49 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Hampton. Below are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- The Victoria Inn Bed & Breakfast - This 3.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its beach locale and convenient parking.
- Atlantic Breeze Suites - Our customers like the helpful staff and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and self-service laundry, along with an in-room kitchenette.
- Lamie's Inn and The Old Salt Restaurant - This 3-star inn features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and overall value.
A top sight in the surrounding area is Fort Constitution Historical Site, located 11.1 mi (17.9 km) from the city center.
Dressing for Hampton
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 51°F during the day and 14°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 81°F, while the average at night is 30°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 82°F with nighttime averages of 44°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 67°F and nighttime averages of 17°F
- Hampton gets about 50.91 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 81°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 17°F