Families will find kid-friendly activities in Irving, and visitors give high marks for the shopping, top-notch restaurants, and fun sporting events. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its festivals and cafés. Around the area, top sights include Six Flags Over Texas, Six Flags Hurricane Harbor, and American Airlines Center.
- You'll find 993 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Dallas
- The closest major airport is in Dallas, TX (DFW-Dallas-Fort Worth Intl.), 5.4 mi (8.7 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Dallas, TX (DAL-Love Field), 6.6 mi (10.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Irving
The city is well known for its festivals and cultural venues like Ruth Paine House Museum and Jackie Townsell Bear Creek Heritage Museum. Shopping is a favorite activity, so consider an excursion to Irving Mall Shopping District and MacArthur Park. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Irving Arts Center and Cottonwood Creek Park.
In Irving, there are 90 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday retreat. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Home2 Suites by Hilton DFW Airport South/Irving, TX - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff.
- Home2 Suites by Hilton Irving / DFW Airport North - Our customers like the quiet location and comfortable rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with an in-room kitchen.
- Element Dallas Fort Worth Airport North - Guests who stay at this 3-star aparthotel in Las Colinas can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with an in-room kitchen. Expedia customers like its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Six Flags Over Texas, located 9 mi (14.4 km) from the city center, and Six Flags Hurricane Harbor, which is 9.4 mi/15.1 km away.
Getting Around Irving
Take advantage of metro transit at Las Colinas Urban Center Station, Irving Convention Center Station, and University of Dallas Station. If you'd like to venture out around the area, consider renting a car to take in more sights.
Dressing for Irving
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 72°F and the nighttime average to be 36°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 94°F during the day and 52°F at night
- July through September averages 97°F during the day and 62°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 83°F during the day and 36°F at night
- About 37.36 inches of rain falls on Irving each year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 95°F, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of 38°F